Lakestate Industries is dedicated to helping people recognize and maximize their abilities, overcome barriers, and support them in reaching their highest level of employment and community inclusion.
Founded in 1969, Lakestate began as an outgrowth of a parents group concerned with the lack of opportunities available for people with disabilities. Thus, Lakestate's focus has been giving persons with disabilities the opportunity to experience the rewards of working for "real pay" while removing barriers to employment and promoting community inclusion.
Lakestate Industries provides vocational career exploration, job development, work training and job services to adult and student populations. We provide contracted services to businesses that make a significant impact on our community.
Lakestate Industries can help your business in many ways.
We do the following plus so much more:
- Provide high quality employees to our business community.
- Provide sub-contracting services (our place or yours) including, but not limited to: confidential sorting and shredding, light assembly, labeling, packaging, repackaging and bulk mailings.
- Produce quality hand-crafted specialty products.
- Manufacture custom pallet cutstock and pallets designed to your needs.
- Provide vocational rehabilitation services to persons with mental and/or physical disabilities.
- Our store features custom made furniture and Yooper Fire Starters made by persons with varying abilities. Shop online now!
Lakestate Industries is a 501(C)(3) agency.
100% of your generous donation goes directly to help people with disabilities become independent, productive members in our community. Lakestate Industries wants to ensure they will be able to provide vocational services for persons with barriers to employment (people with cognitive, emotional, and/or physical disabilities) long into the future.
Many people in our area (8-10% of our population) experience difficulties getting and/or keeping employment because of their disability. Lakestate Industries serves individuals and gives them the opportunity to work either at Lakestate Industries or in the community with supports, which enables them to earn a paycheck, gain self-worth and live richer, more meaningful lives.
Help Us! There are several ways to donate.
- Cash donations
- In honor and memory of a family member or friend
Note: Upon receipt of your gift, a card is sent to the family or persons honored, listing the name or names of the donor(s). The amount of the gift is never indicated. Your contribution will be discreetly acknowledged and is tax-deductible.
- Charitable Bequests –
Naming Lakestate Industries in your will, trust or life insurance policy as the designated beneficiary. The benefits of planned giving to both you and Lakestate Industries are enormous and encouraged by the Federal government by offering income tax and estate tax advantages to donors. When planning your estate we recommend that you seek the advice of an Estate Planning Attorney or your financial advisor. Charitable bequests in your will will reduce estate taxes
- You can donate online. We accept Mastercard, Visa, checks, money orders or donate through PayPal. Checks are payable to Lakestate Industries.